Wednesday, April 25, 2007

screw me once...screw me twice....screw me three times a lady

Is it better to be paranoid or trusting? In my hospitaliserf position, it's especially bitchy to question or deny a complaint.

Imagine the following interactions-

Guest: That hooker you set me up with stole my wallet and gave me this black eye!
Me: How am I supposed to know you just don't like it rough...did she also give you that cold sore? I bet you're going to tell me that now you can't afford to pay for the room without your "wallet", how convenient!

Guest: There's a peep hole in the shower! I could feel eyes on me last night! EYES!
Me: You loved every minute of it, ho!

Guest: I saw a mouse in my room!
Me: You must have stolen it from the restaurant! They said they were one mouse short for tonight's souffle.

You get my point.

Some French bastard came huffing and puffing downstairs last night as well as this morning to let us know that his room was not cleaned last night.

French Bastard- Eet was deesgusting! How could you (he decided to point at me for emphasis, despite the fact that I had yesterday off) let such ze thing happen! (you get the point with the accent, I'll spare you from here.)

Me- I saw a note about that from last night. I am very sorry and I will have housekeeping clean your room first thing this morning.

FB- Unacceptable! This is a disgrace! Boo hiss!

Me- Again, I apologize. Our housekeepers must have miscommunicated with one another, it is an honest mistake that very rarely happens.

FB- miscommunicate??? What do they have to communicate? ZE CLEAN ZE ROOMZ! ZAT IZ ALL ZE DO!

Nobody talks shit about my housekeepers, nobody! Motherfucker was expecting a free room, I gave him $45 off to shut his trap.....only to find out later on that his room was cleaned yesterday. The housekeepers couldn't remember if they did or they didn't, but maintenance was there yesterday evening, and sure enough, clean as a whistle.

I. Have. Been. Duped.

This isn't the first time and, as long as I stay employed at this place, it wont be the last. Apparently there are people who get off on this- going to little botique hotels, sabotaging something in their room or outright lying about something (i.e. "I asked for a 6am wakeup call! I never got one! Now I missed an important meeting and I'll never get promoted and be forced to live in middle middle class mediocrity forever! I WILL SUE YOU!") and then trying to score what they can. Travel agents, the last of a dying breed of professions (thanks internet!), are famous for this. Only they threaten us with their travel agenty powers, or lack thereof.

The thing that super duper burns my ass is that many of these people can afford our rates and then some. Frenchie, for example, is decked out in an outfit straight from the pages of esquire. I could pay for my last semester at USF with his wristwatch. So screwing over a struggling business and completely taking advantage of a trusting young lady such as myself must give him some kind of sexual pleasure. I feel used :(

No comments: