Wednesday, December 26, 2007

a commuter-free christmas

Yesterday was my third Christmas by myself in the city. Of course I'd rather be in Chicago but that just wasn't possible so I made the best of it.

I'll need to come up with reasons to go on the Love Robot's roof that don't involve smoking. Maybe rooftop yoga? Yesterday morning was so peaceful- looking down fourth street and the expressway and the bay bridge and seeing nothing but the occasional car cruise freely. Christmas feels like such a non-day, especially when you spend it by yourself. No fussy dress clothing. No shuttling to relatives. No driving!

It was a lovely little day:

*I had a greasy and sweet breakfast with the LR

*Came home, finished Sean Wilsey's "Oh The Glory of it All" which was a fab memoir. The content and people were a bit infuriating at times but he did a great job writing it.

*Did a heap of laundry, started to clean up the 4-month mess in my room

*Watched an ungodly amount of VH1 "best songs of the 80's and 90's" countdowns with Sonya and Dozer. Our age difference became somewhat apparent when her nostalgia for the eighties transformed into sharp disagreement with about 70% of the poppy songs on the nineties countdown. We must have had the following conversation at least ten times:
Sonya: This song is shit!
Me: (meekly) I like this song. It totally defined the summer before high school.....

*Quite aptly matched our pineapple pizza with cheap whiskey.

I'm hoping New Years will be equally casual.

No comments: